In my last post I talked about some of the bread I made in 2010 and said I was going to challenge myself to make a different loaf each week in 2011. To make its a bit more fun I decided to select two of my bread baking books and I’m going to bake my way through them both but in a RANDOM manner.
Here’s the rules I’ve set myself:
- I must select the bread to be baked randomly, using either a random number generator or by asking for numbers from people on Twitter.
- If the selected page doesn’t have a recipe on it then I moved forward in the book to the next nearest recipe.
- If the recipe is a sweet bread or bun I can skip in and do another random generated page number. WHY? because we eat so little sweet stuff I know it will get wasted.
- If the selection is something I’ve already made I do the next nearest recipe in the book moving forward page number wise.
- I blog each loaf at least with a picture and whether I think its a great recipe.
The two books are River Cottage Bread Handbook and The Handmade Loaf. I’ve used both a bit last year so I know they are good.
So what loaf is going to be first….